Material & Care
H Jewelers & Co. jewelry is easy to care for. Wearing them is one of the best ways to prevent tarnishing, but over time air pollutants, dust, perspiration, perfumes, and other natural elements can dull the lustre of metals and gemstones.
To best maintain, follow these care guidelines:
- Do not apply perfumes, lotions, or chemicals while wearing jewelry.
- Remove jewelry before sleep or activities where it may be subjected to stress or friction.
- To avoid tarnishing and discoloration, remove jewelry before swimming in chlorinated pools or hot tubs.
- Never clean jewelry with silver jewelry cleanser or cleaning solutions with abrasives or ammonia, as harsh chemicals will remove any blackened/oxidized finish.
- To remove oils and dirt, wipe your jewelry with a clean, soft cloth before returning it to storage.
- To avoid tarnishing and scratching, separately store each piece of jewelry.
Sterling Silver & Bronze Care
Regular wear with routine use of a polishing cloth helps prevent sterling silver and bronze jewelry from tarnishing. Bronze in particular needs to be polished regularly. Bronze is an alloy consisting primarily of copper and its composition can vary, therefore slight discrepancies in color may occur.
- Clean sterling silver and bronze jewelry with a mild soapy water solution and a soft cotton cloth.
- Do not soak silver or bronze jewelry, and never clean jewelry with silver cleanser or harsh chemicals.
- Once cleaned, rinse with warm water, and be sure to dry jewelry completely.